1. The duties are set out in Sections 14 and 15 of the Continuity Act. The duty on UK Ministers has been modified by section 19 of the Environment Act 2021 (see discussion at paragraph 4.4).
3. The section 14 duty on UK Ministers has been modified by section 19 of the Environment Act 2021 (see discussion at paragraph 4.4).
5. A consolidated version of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union can be found here
7. Case C-180/96 UK v Commission
8. Case C-127/02 Landelijke Vereniging tot Behoud van de Waddenzee v Staatssecretaris van Landvouw
9. Cases C-175/98 and C-177/98 Fancesca Bizzaro et Paola Lirussi
10. As stated in sections 13(1) and (2) of the Continuity Act.
11. See further, Scottish Government SEA Guidance (2013)
13. See further, European Parliament, "Environment Policy: General Principles and Framework Fact Sheet" (2021).
17. See further, Scottish Government, Strategic Environmental Assessment: pre-screening template(June 2015).
18. For further information about the SEA process, please see the Scottish Government SEA Guidance (2013)
19. Joined Cases C‑78/16 and C‑79/16 at paras 48 and 74
21. Directive 2001/18/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 March 2001 on the deliberate release into the environment of genetically modified organisms and repealing Council Directive 90/220/EEC - Commission Declaration
29. C-172/08 at para 36
30. C-129/16 at para 58 - Reference for a preliminary ruling — Environment — Articles 191 and 193 TFEU — Directive 2004/35/EC — Applicability ratione materiae — Air pollution caused by illegal waste incineration — Polluter-pays principle — National legislation establishing joint liability between the owner of the land on which the pollution occurred and the polluter.
31. Article 11 TFEU.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback