Annex A - Links to updated clinical advice on the vaccination programmes
The JCVI has issued advice on a number of topics since the publication of the last deployment plan. This illustrates the highly dynamic nature of the programme and the need to pivot to align with emerging clinical advice. Advice since July 2021 has included:
- Updated advice on COVID-19 vaccination of young people aged 16 to 17, 04 August 2021
- Advice on third dose vaccination for severely immunosuppressed, 01 September 2021
- Updated advice on COVID-19 vaccination of children aged 12 to 15, 3 September 2021
- Advice on COVID-19 booster vaccination programme for winter 2021 to 2022, 14 September 2021
The JCVI's publications and statements on COVID-19 are available on the UK Government's website.
Chief Medical Officer letters
Following consideration of JCVI advice, Scottish Ministers have set out the policy position for the vaccination programme in Scotland via a series of letters issued by the Chief Medical Officer. Letters have covered topics such as:
- Enabling flexibility in approach to delivering vaccinations within prison and drug and alcohol rehabilitation settings, 21 July 2021
- JCVI advice on vaccination of children and young people aged 12 to 17 years, 23 July 2021
- JCVI advice on vaccination of 16 and 17 year olds, 06 August 2021
- Offering vaccination to migrant seafarers in Scotland, 02 September 2021
- JCVI updated advice on vaccination of 12 to 15 year olds and national policy on offering COVID-19 vaccination to 12 to 15 year olds, 17 September 2021
- JCVI advice on a booster vaccination, 17 September 2021
- JCVI advice on third dose for severely immunosuppressed, 21 September 2021
The Chief Medical Officer letters are published on the NHS website.
The national protocols for each vaccine reflect the most up to date clinical and regulatory information. New protocols are also developed for each new vaccine that becomes available. Protocol updates since the last deployment plan have included:
National protocols for the supply and administration of COVID-19 vaccines to individuals in accordance with the national COVID-19 vaccination programme are available on our website.