1. The term used in the Education (Scotland) Act 1980 is "education authority" however that term is defined in section 135 of that Act to mean a council constituted under section 2 of the Local Government etc (Scotland) Act 1994 – which is a local authority when they are exercising education functions. The term which is used in this document is "local authority".
3. Section 51 of the Education (Scotland) Act 1980:- https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/44/section/51
8. School authorities are defined in section 3(1) of the 2017 Act as an education authority, the managers of a grant-aided school, or the proprietor of an independent school.
11. The Education (Scotland) Act 1980 and the Schools (Safety and Supervision of Pupils) (Scotland) Regulations 1990:- http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1990/295/contents/made
13. The appropriate catchment school may be the catchment of Gaelic Medium Education or denominational school.