This appendix sets out an illustrative timeline, to give a sense of the potential transition period involved in implementing the recommendations of this Review.
It takes a timeframe based on quarters, to indicate the potential focus of work in a future transition period ahead.
Q1 in Year 1 should not be taken to mean a January to March period, but rather whichever quarter falls when the legislative changes are passed by the Scottish Parliament.
15 months – Preparation phase
- Legislative changes passed in an Act
- Act contains future Implementation Date in Year 2.
- Recruitment process for 16 new Chairs is developed. Adverts go live.
- Chair interview process gets underway and completes, with a forward appointment date to match the Implementation Date.
- Commence recruitment process for new non-Health Board trustees.
- Health Board considers nominations for the minority Health-Board appointed trustee roles
Minimum 3 months – Transition phase
- Chairs-elect have been identified.
- Health-Board appointed trustee candidates have been identified.
- Non Health board-appointed trustee candidates have been identified.
- Health Boards liaise with Chairs-elect and trustees-elect, to invite attendance at NHS-linked charity board meetings to facilitate effective handover and transition planning.
- Implementation Date of Act falls in this period. It would be helpful if this were a 1st April date to reflect the accounting period of the NHS-linked charities.
- Appointment of new Chair and trustees of an NHS-linked charity takes effect on the Implementation Date.
- The role of the NHS Health Board as corporate trustee ends at the Implementation Date.
- NHS-linked charity sets-up Charity Liaison Group to support future collaboration and communications between the NHS-linked Charity and the Health Board.
- Contractual matters between NHS-linked charity and Health Board are finalised.
- Charity Liaison Group is meeting on a scheduled basis.
A national shared forum, involving representatives from all 16 NHS-linked Charities, meets regularly to work on various future operational and transition arrangements.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback