Big Climate Conversation: report of findings
A summary of findings from the Big Climate Conversation, a public engagement programme about climate change held over six months across Scotland.
1. Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Act 2019 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/15/enacted
2. Committee on Climate Change (2019) Net Zero: The UK's contribution to stopping global warming https://www.theccc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Net-Zero-The-UKs-contribution-to-stopping-global-warming.pdf
3. Scottish Government (2019) The role of public sector bodies in tackling climate change: consultation https://www.gov.scot/publications/role-public-sector-bodies-tackling-climate-change-consultation/
4. 10 funding applications were rejected either because they did not meet the required criteria or because individual groups submitted applications for funding for more than two conversations.
5. What Works Scotland (2017) 'Hard to reach' or 'easy to ignore'? Promoting equality in community engagement. Edinburgh: What Works Scotland.
6. Note: Figures only include those participants who chose to disclose demographic information and did so in a format that could be analysed. Response rate depended on the demographic in question, ranging from 89-94% for the targeted workshops and 67-83% for the open workshops.
7. Two participants in the open-audience workshops (0.45%) identified as non-binary. No participants in the targeted-audience identified as non-binary.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback