Data, Research and Modeling for Safe and Effective Mobilisation
Modelling from a wide range of sources to inform our response over time
The outputs from this work will inform all three streams of activity to minimise harm.
This will include:
- Modelling of the epidemiology of the disease, based on the statistical models and understanding of the epidemiology in a Scottish context.
- Modelling, research and data gathering on virology and immunology.
- Modelling, research on impact and analysis of all social distancing measures on health harms, including analysis of specific measures already implemented and future relaxation or tightening of these, or other, measures.
- Modelling, research data and analysis of citizen behaviour and impact on epidemiology.
- Modelling, research and data gathering and analysis on short, medium and long term direct physical and mental health impact of contracting COVID19 e.g. additional rehabilitation capacity for respiratory disease, trauma from ICU, long term damage (lung function, heart failure etc); wider burden of disease and; disability-adjusted life year (DALY) .
- Modelling, research and data gathering and analysis on short, medium and long term indirect impact of COVID19 on health harms e.g. impact of remobilising services towards acute- fewer presentation at ED, GPs?, referral rates, additional mental health concerns; wider burden of disease and; DALY.
- Research, Data gathering and analysis on impact of social, economic and community impacts of COVID19 e.g. impact of social distancing on community cohesion; social isolation; physical activity; diet; addictions; wider burden of disease and; DALY.
- Research, Data gathering and analysis of specific health harm impact on inequalities: poverty; multiple and complex disadvantage; protected characteristics; public protection and wider burden of disease and; DALY.
- Research, data gathering and analysis of impact on service response and workforce issues to ensure services, and people, remain resilient.
Information and input from: SAGE, SPI-M, CMO SAG, SG COVID Modelling Team, HSCA, PHS, Academia, 3rd Sector.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback