PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYMENT IN SCOTLAND STATISTICS FOR 4th QUARTER 2015
The statistics in this release are based on administrative records and surveys of individual public sector bodies carried out by the Scottish Government and the Office for National Statistics (ONS). This is a snapshot of employment as at December 2015. The publication includes information on public sector employment in Scotland with distinctions made for employment in devolved bodies and reserved bodies (located in Scotland).
4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount (see Table 5)
This section provides a summary of reserved public sector employment which includes:
- Reserved Civil Service (see section 5);
- Armed Forces;
- Reserved Public Corporations and Public Sector Financial Institutions;
- Other Reserved Public Bodies (which covers Non-Departmental Bodies and other bodies).
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector increased by 100 (+0.1%) to 57,600 in Q4 2015.
The estimated reserved public sector excluding the effects of the major reclassifications would have decreased by 300 (-0.7%) from 44,000 in Q4 2014 to 43,700 in Q4 2015.
Chart 5 shows the composition of the reserved public sector as at Q4 2015.
Chart 5: Breakdown of Reserved Public Sector Employment by Sector, Headcount, Q4 2015
Over the year:
- Employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service up by 100 (+0.3%);
- Employment levels for Public Corporations & Public Sector Financial Institutions down by 700 (-5.6%);
- Employment levels for the Armed Forces up by 400 (+4.2%);
- Employment levels for Public Bodies up by 300 (+3.0%).
Email: Claire Gordon
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback