4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount (see Table 5)
This section provides a summary of reserved public sector employment which includes:
- Reserved Civil Service (see section 5);
- Armed Forces;
- Reserved Public Corporations and Public Sector Financial Institutions;
- Other Reserved Public Bodies (which covers Non-Departmental Bodies and other bodies).
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector increased by 100 (+0.1%) to 57,600 in Q4 2015.
The estimated reserved public sector excluding the effects of the major reclassifications would have decreased by 300 (-0.7%) from 44,000 in Q4 2014 to 43,700 in Q4 2015.
Chart 5 shows the composition of the reserved public sector as at Q4 2015.
Chart 5: Breakdown of Reserved Public Sector Employment by Sector, Headcount, Q4 2015
Over the year:
- Employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service up by 100 (+0.3%);
- Employment levels for Public Corporations & Public Sector Financial Institutions down by 700 (-5.6%);
- Employment levels for the Armed Forces up by 400 (+4.2%);
- Employment levels for Public Bodies up by 300 (+3.0%).
Email: Claire Gordon