Preparing for Emergencies- Guidance For Health Boards in Scotland
The document provides strategic guidance for Health Board Chief Executives and NHS Senior Managers on fulfilling their obligations under the Civil Contingencies 2004 and other key legislation underpinning emergency preparedness, response and recovery.
1. Civil Contingencies Act 2004 www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/contents and the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (Contingency Planning) (Scotland) Regulations 2005 www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2005/02/20630/51567
2. Preparing Scotland - Scottish Guidance on Resilience, March 2012 see http://www.readyscotland.org/ready-government/preparing-scotland/
3. Equality Act 2010, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents
4. Preparing Scotland, Scottish Government, 2007 - Section 2 Integrated Emergency Management
5. National Risk Assessment https://www.gov.uk/risk-assessment-how-the-risk-of-emergencies-in-the-uk-is-assessed and https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-risk-register-of-civil-emergencies
7. Preparing Scotland, Scientific and Technical Advice Cell (STAC) Guidance, 2013, Scottish Government Resilience Division www.scotland.gov.uk/publications/2013/02/6297/0
9. The Public Health etc. (Scotland) Act 2008
10. Preparing Scotland Scientific and Technical Advice Cell Guidance, Scottish Government Resilience Division, 2013 www.scotland.gov.uk/publications/2013/02/6297/0
11. CRCE Scotland.
12. TOXBASE - the National Poisons Information Service www.toxbase.org/
13. Scottish Health Protection Information Resource (SHPIR) www.shpir.hps.scot.nhs.uk/
14. CHEMET (Chemical meteorology)
15. Scottish Environmental Incident Surveillance System (SEISS) www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/enviro/ssdetail.aspx?id=107
16. Ministry of Defense - Local Authority and Emergency Services Information, Edition, May 2013.
17. HPA - HPA-CRCE-017 - Radiation Monitoring Units: Planning and Operational Guidance. www.hpa.org.uk/Publications/Radiation/CRCEScientificAndTechnicalReportSeries/HPACRCE017
18. Guidance for Hospitals on the Surface Decontamination of Self-presenting Persons, April 2012. http://www.readyscotland.org/media/32009/guidance_for_hospitals_on_the_surface_decontamination_of_self_presenting_persons_-_april_2012.pdf
19. Guidance for emergency services on decontamination of people exposed to hazardous chemical, biological or radiological substances (restricted). Available from the CBRN Unit, Scottish Resilience.
20. Hospital Lockdown: A Framework for NHSScotland June 2010. http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/EmergencyPlanning/Documents/FinalLockdownGuidanceforweb.pdf
21. Preparing Scotland - Scottish Guidance on Preparing for Emergencies: Recovering from Emergencies in Scotland. http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/12/02150415/0
22. Strategic National Guidance: The decontamination of buildings, infrastructure and open environment exposed to Chemical, Biological, Radiological or Nuclear materials, Cabinet Office. www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/resource-library/strategic-national-guidance-decontamination-buildings-infrastructure-and-open-envir
23. Care of Burns in Scotland Managed Clinical Network http://www.cobis.scot.nhs.uk/; Department of Health Strategic Burns Guidance April 2011
24. Planning assumptions contained in Mass Casualties Incidents - A Framework for Planning. NHSScotland, The Scottish Government. May 2009. http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/EmergencyPlanning/Documents/MassCasualtyGuidanceNHSScotland-May-09.pdf
25. Hospital Lockdown - A Framework for NHSScotland. Health Facilities Scotland, June 2010 http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/EmergencyPlanning/Documents/FinalLockdownGuidanceforweb.pdf
26. Preparing Scotland: Guidance on Dealing with Mass Fatalities in Scotland, Scottish Government, 2009, http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2009/09/15110710/5
27. Detailed potential vulnerability and requirements- Framework in Cabinet Office Guidance Identifying People Who Are Vulnerable In a Crisis, 2008.
28. Preparing Scotland 2009, Section 6: Care For People Teams http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2009/09/17113218/6
29. The Data Protection Act 1998, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
30. Government Protective Marking System, 2009 http://protectivemarking.co.uk/images/downloads/gpms.pdf
31. Scottish Government Health Department, Emergency Care Framework, 2009. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/149108/0039634.pdf
32. Preparing Scotland, Care For People Affected By Emergencies, Scottish Government, 2009.
33. Preparing Scotland, Planning For the Psychosocial and Mental Health Needs of People Affected by Emergencies, 2013 (in progress)
34. Scottish Government, NHSScotland Resilience, 2009
35. In Emergency Preparedness, Cabinet Office Civil Contingencies Secretariat, 2005
36. See Annex 5 in Business Continuity - A Framework for NHSScotland, NHSScotland, Scottish Government, 2009
37. Dr. C. Freeman, A. Flitcroft & P. Weeple - Psychological First Aid: Short Term Post Trauma Responses for Individuals and Groups, NHS Lothian 2002
38. Psychological First Aid Field Operations Guide (2nd Edition). National Child Traumatic Stress Network & National Center for PTSD (2006) Downloadable from: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/PTSD/professional/manuals/psych-first-aid.asp
39. Health Inequalities Impact Assessment guidance. see http://www.healthscotland.com/equalities/eqia/health-inequalities.aspx
40. See also http://www.healthscotland.com/Equalities/characteristics/index.aspx
Email: NHSScotland Resilience Unit
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback