Veterinary profession's value to Scotland: preliminary economic assessment
A preliminary economic assessment of the veterinary profession’s value to Scotland.
1. This is based on the average of the change in year on year monthly turnover.
2. Gross value added (GVA) is the measure of the value of goods and services produced in an area, industry or sector of an economy.
3. The Moredun Research Institute. https://www.moredun.org.uk/research/diseases/anthelmintic-resistance
4. The Moredun Research Institute. https://www.moredun.org.uk/research/diseases/liver-fluke
6. Figures use 5 year average 2012-2016. Source: (Scottish Government, 2017) .
7. Most of the value was in cattle and Biggar consulted with Cattle Health Certification Standards in deriving their estimates.
8. Bank of England: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator
9. Exchange rate used to convert Euro to Sterling 0.88.
10. Proportion was calculated based on registered horses on agricultural holdings in Scotland and the UK
11. This is slightly lower than the 16.7% attribution to Scotland of UK equine impact by Horse Scotland (HorseScotland, 2012)
12. Proportion of veterinary staff to total number of staff (208/7,530; Food Standards Scotland, 2016b)
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback