Thanks are due to all the growers who provided the information for this report. Thanks are also due to Jackie Hughes (SASA), Sarah Cook, Peter Gladders and Sacha White (ADAS) for editorial assistance. In addition, the authors are grateful for the support from Mr David Garthwaite and his colleagues at Fera Science Limited, Mr Paul Gavin at the Scottish Government’s Agricultural Census Analysis Team and to Mr Adrian Roberts of Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland.
1. Food and Environment Protection Act 1985: http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidance/industries/pesticides/topics/pesticide-approvals/legislation/fepa-and-copr
2. EU Statistics Regulation (1185/2009/EC)
Regulation (EC) No 1185/2009 of the European ... - EUR-Lex [Accessed 01 September 2017]
3. Reay, G., Monie, C. & Wardlaw,J. (2015) Pesticide Usage in Scotland, Soft Fruit Crops 2014, SG, Edinburgh
4. Hughes, J., Thomas, L., Wardlaw, J. & Watson, J. (2013) Pesticide Usage in Scotland, Soft Fruit Crops 2012, SG, Edinburgh
5. Reay, G., Thomas, L. & Watson, J. (2012) Pesticide Usage in Scotland, Protected Edible Crops 2011, SGRPID, Edinburgh
6. Met Office Regional Rainfall and Mean Temperature Datasets http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/datasets
7. Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC)
http://www.irac-online.org/ [Accessed 01 September 2017]
8. Fungicide Resistance Action Committee (FRAC)
http://www.frac.info/home [Accessed 01 September 2017]
9. Herbicide Resistance Action Committee (HRAC)
http://hracglobal.com/ [Accessed 01 September 2017]
10. Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) 2015 (Table 3.5a)
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/datasets/regionbyoccupation2digitsocashetable3 [Accessed 01 September 2017]
11. Agricultural Statistics, Scotland 2016. HMSO, Edinburgh 2016.
12. EU Sustainable Use Directive (2009/128/EC)
13. Wood, H.J. An Agricultural Atlas of Scotland. George Gill and Sons, London, 1931.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback