Stage 5 - Authorisation of EQIA
Please confirm that:
This Equality Impact Assessment has informed the development of this policy:
Opportunities to promote equality in respect of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation have been considered, i.e.:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- Removing or minimising any barriers and/or disadvantages;
- Taking steps which assist with promoting equality and meeting people's different needs;
- Encouraging participation (e.g. in public life)
- Fostering good relations, tackling prejudice and promoting understanding.
If the Marriage and Civil Partnership protected characteristic applies to this policy, the Equality Impact Assessment has also assessed against the duty to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation in respect of this protected characteristic:
I am satisfied with the partial equality impact assessment that has been undertaken for Introducing Market Restrictions on Problematic Single-Use Plastic Items in Scotland and give my authorisation for the results of this interim assessment to be published on the Scottish Government's website.
Name: Don McGillivray
Position: Deputy Director, Environmental Quality and Circular Economy
Authorisation date: October 2020
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback