Healthcare Improvement Scotland powers
12. HIS has the following statutory powers:
- Powers of access and right of entry (for the purposes of inspection) in relation to the health service and independent healthcare services
- The power to direct a Health Board to close a ward to new admissions where there is a serious risk to the life, health or wellbeing of persons
- The power to require documents in relation to the functions of the Death Certification Review Service
- Regulatory powers in relation to the independent healthcare sector.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback