7. Looking ahead - How will the SG work with partners to deliver the strategy?
The Scottish Government and their officials within the Community Land Team have a vital continuing role to play in:
- providing leadership and strategic co-ordination to ensure the delivery of this strategy;
- securing the arrangements for (or leading) the monitoring and evaluation strategy;
- making the necessary commissioning arrangements to secure the consistent delivery of awareness raising and a package of support services across Scotland, through HIE and others as appropriate;
- securing the strategic co-ordination of the various strands of action required
- working with other partners in the delivery of the strategy;
- setting in place the arrangements for the drawdown of mediation between owners and communities as provided for in the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 and as proposed in the current Land Reform Bill;
- continuing to advise communities on the requirements of the various statutes and regulations around the Land Reform Act;
- continuing to administer the requirements for the approval of community bodies, the registrations of interests in land, and applications to Ministers under the various community and crofting right to buy applications, etc.;
- supporting the arrangements for the Scottish Land Fund liaising, as appropriate with delivery partners on programmes to support the community land and asset owning sector, as well as liaising with other Scottish Government officials involved in wider Third Sector strategy.