New cancer strategy: consultation
We have started developing a new cancer strategy for Scotland and want to seek wide ranging views on what should be prioritised as we recover from the pandemic and beyond. The consultation will be live from 12 April 2022 until 7 June 2022, this document has been developed to support responses.
Section A: Scottish Government Consultation Process
1. We are inviting responses to this consultation by 7 June 2022.
2. Please respond to this consultation using the Scottish Government's consultation hub, Citizen Space (http://consult.gov.scot). Access and respond to this consultation online at https://consult.gov.scot/health-and-social-care/cancer-strategy. You can save and return to your responses while the consultation is still open. Please ensure that consultation responses are submitted before the closing date of 7 June 2022.
3. If you are unable to respond using our consultation hub, please complete the Respondent Information Form to:
Cancer Policy Team
Ground East Rear
Saint Andrew's House
Edinburgh, EH1 3DG
Handling your response
4. If you respond using the consultation hub, you will be directed to the About You page before submitting your response. Please indicate how you wish your response to be handled and, in particular, whether you are content for your response to published. If you ask for your response not to be published, we will regard it as confidential, and we will treat it accordingly.
5. All respondents should be aware that the Scottish Government is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and would therefore have to consider any request made to it under the Act for information relating to responses made to this consultation exercise.
6. If you are unable to respond via Citizen Space, please complete and return the Respondent Information Form included in this document.
Next steps in the process
8. Where respondents have given permission for their response to be made public, and after we have checked that they contain no potentially defamatory material, responses will be made available to the public at http://consult.gov.scot . If you use the consultation hub to respond, you will receive a copy of your response via email.
9. Following the closing date, all responses will be analysed and considered along with any other available evidence to help us. Responses will be published where we have been given permission to do so. An analysis report will also be made available.
Comments and complaints
10. If you have any comments about how this consultation exercise has been conducted, please send them to the contact address above or at email@example.com.
Scottish Government consultation process
11. Consultation is an essential part of the policymaking process. It gives us the opportunity to consider your opinion and expertise on a proposed area of work.
12. You can find all our consultations online: http://consult.gov.scot. Each consultation details the issues under consideration, as well as a way for you to give us your views, either online, by email or by post.
13. Responses will be analysed and used as part of the decision making process, along with a range of other available information and evidence. We will publish a report of this analysis for every consultation. Depending on the nature of the consultation exercise the responses received may:
- indicate the need for policy development or review
- inform the development of a particular policy
- help decisions to be made between alternative policy proposals
- be used to finalise legislation before it is implemented
14. While details of particular circumstances described in a response to a consultation exercise may usefully inform the policy process, consultation exercises cannot address individual concerns and comments, which should be directed to the relevant public body.
15. We understand that individual's personal experiences with cancer can make this a difficult subject to talk about. You and/or family and friends may find support from:
a. The Scottish Cancer Coalition
b. Less Survivable Cancers Taskforce
c. Cruse Home - Cruse Bereavement Support
16. If you would like to, please include any evidence alongside your response.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback