21. Minimising Suspensions
21.1 Landlords will already be working in ways that minimise or prevent homelessness and be providing services that are inclusive and accessible. It is therefore good practice to minimise the use of suspensions.
21.2 When imposing suspensions landlords should consider:
- Are there other options to suspension, such as taking a proactive approach to managing the problem rather than excluding the applicant?
- Whether there is robust evidence for making the decision to impose a suspension?
- Is it a proportionate decision?
- Is the length of the suspension reasonable?
- What are the consequences for the applicant or members of their household?
- Any other implications, for example when suspending an applicant could potentially lead to them making a homeless application.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback