1. Goodman R, Meltzer H, Bailey V (1998) The Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire: A pilot study on the validity of the self-report version. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 7, 125-130.
2. Tennant, R ., Hiller, L., Fishwick, R., Platt, S., Joseph, S., Weich, S., & Stewart-Brown, S. (2007a). The Warwick-Edinburgh mental well-being scale (WEMWBS): development and UK validation. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 5(1), 63.
3. Parkinson J. Establishing a core set of national, sustainable mental health indicators for children and young people in Scotland: Final report. Glasgow: NHS Health Scotland; 2012.
4. Scottish Government (2014). Scottish Health Survey - supplementary tables. Accessed at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Health/scottish-health-survey/Publications/Supplementary2014
5. Currie C, Whitehead R, Van der Sluijs W, Currie D, Rhodes G, Neville F and Inchley J (2015) Health Behaviour in School-aged Children: World Health Organization Collaborative Cross-National Study(HBSC): findings from the 2014 HBSC survey in Scotland. Child and Adolescent Health Research Unit (CAHRU), University of St Andrews. Scottish HBSC website.
6. Green, H. et al (2005). Mental health of children and young people in Great Britain, 2004. Palgrave Macmillan.
7. Pople, L. (2014) The Good Childhood Report. The Children's Society and the University of York.
8. Meltzer, H. (2002). The mental health of young people looked after by local authorities in England. Office for National Statistics.
9. Kumpulainen, K., and Rasanen. E. (2000) Children involved in bullying at elementary school age: their psychiatric symptoms and deviance in adolescence: an epidemiological sample. Child Abuse Neglect 24(12):1567- 1577.
10. Passmore, A. (2003). The Occupation of Leisure: Three Typologies and Their Influence on Mental Health in Adolescence. Occupation, participation and health 23(2): 76-83
11. WHO and Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (2014) Social determinants of mental health. World Health Organisation.
12. Lavis, P. (2014). The importance of promoting mental health in children and young people from black and minority ethnic communities. Race Equality Foundation.
Email: Iain MacAllister