1. An online survey conducted by Scotland Food & Drink where a total of 1,010 interviews were undertaken with a nationally representative sample of adults (aged 18+) living in Scotland between 10th and 16th February 2021.
2. Jones M, Pitt H, Oxford L, Orme J, Gray S, Salmon D, Means R, Weitkamp E, Kimberlee R & Powell J (2016) Food for Life: a Social Return on Investment Analysis of the Locally Commissioned Programme. Full Report. UWE Bristol.
3. New Economics Foundation (2002), Plugging the Leaks: Making the most of every pound that enters your local economy 2891 NEF handbook redone (neweconomics.org)
4. Dinnie, L., Bourke, A. J., Kyle, C., & Wilson, R. Public perceptions on the role and value of locally grown food.
5. Crossan, J.,Shaw, D., Cumbers, A., McMaster, R, Glasgow's Community Gardens: Sustainable Communities of Care (2015) Media_622132_smxx.pdf (gla.ac.uk)
6. WRAP. 2008 The food we waste. Banbury, UK. ISBN: 1-84405-383-0
8. Mena, C., Adenso-Diaz, B., & Yurt, O. (2011). The causes of food waste in the supplier–retailer interface: Evidences from the UK and Spain. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 55(6), 648-658.