1. Includes all leavers from publicly-funded secondary and local authority special schools and leavers from secondary schools with additional support needs.
2. 'Additional Support Needs' includes learning disabilities; dyslexia; visual impairments; hearing impairments; deafblind; physical and motor impairments; language and speech disorders; autistic spectrum disorders; social, emotional and behavioural difficulties; physical health problems; mental health problems; interrupted learning; English as an additional language; more able pupils.
3. SQA data shows that there were S6 entries in other qualification types – these have not been considered here.
4. Please note that this is a low estimate given that there were some additional S6 entries in other qualifications which have been omitted here.
5. The numbers relate to the number of courses entered in one sitting.
7. SQA (2017), ' Annual Statistical Report 2016 '
8. Scottish Government (2016), ' PISA survey 2015'
10. Abertay University, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow School of Art, Heriot Watt University, Queen Margaret University, Robert Gordon University, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Scotland's Rural College ( SRUC),The Open University, University of Aberdeen, University of Dundee, University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow, University of Stirling, University of Strathclyde, University of the Highlands & Islands and University of the West of Scotland.
11. SDS (June 2017), ' Modern Apprenticeship Statistics, Full Year Report 2016/17'
12. SDS (June 2017), ' Modern Apprenticeship Statistics, Full Year Report 2016/17 '
13. SDS are investigating the reasons for the relatively high proportion not covered by the options on the monitoring form.
14. It is not clear if this definition of 'disabled' is the same as the one used by SDS.
15. SDS (2016), ' Modern Apprenticeship Intermediate Outcomes 2016'
16. SFC (2017), ' College Leaver Destinations 2015-16 '
17. SFC (2017), ' College Leaver Destinations 2015/16'
18. SFC (2017), ' College Leaver Destinations 2015/16 '
19. SFC (2016) ' Learning for All: Measures of Success'
20. A20267412 edited 2.docx SFC (February 2016) ' Articulation: mapping of activity and draft vision and 10-year strategy'
21. Abertay University, Glasgow Caledonian University, Edinburgh Napier University, Queen Margaret University, Robert Gordon University and University of the West of Scotland.
22. SFC (February 2016) ' Articulation: mapping of activity and draft vision and 10-year strategy'
23. SFC (February 2016), ' Articulation: mapping of activity and draft vision and 10-year strategy'
24. SFC (2015), ' Learning for All: Measures of Success'
25. SFC (February 2016), ' Articulation: mapping of activity and draft vision and 10-year strategy'
26. AQMEN (2016), ' Beyond access to HE: Widening Access Initiatives and Student Retention in Scotland'
27. It is worth noting that these two ethnic groups make up the majority of the school leaver cohort with around 88 per cent categorised as 'White-Scottish' and 6.4% categorised as 'White – non-Scottish' – around 94 per cent combined.
29. SQA (2017), ' Annual Statistical Report 2016'
32. 'Open University: Young Applicants in Schools '