Publication - Statistics
Inpatient census 2022: parts one and two
Results of the sixth Mental Health & Learning Disability Inpatient Census and Out of Scotland NHS Placements Census, 2022.
This document is part of a collection
- Patients were most likely to be in an acute ward (34% of all patients).
- 318 (11%) adult inpatients had a diagnosis for either a learning disability or autism.
- 53% of adult inpatients also had a long-term physical health condition.
- There were 46 patients aged under 18 occupying the 54 available CAMHS beds at the 2022 Census.
- There were 450 patients primarily managed by forensic services in the 2022 Census.
- There were 162 patients funded by, but treated outwith, NHS Scotland at the 2022 Census. Of these patients, 148 (91%) were treated in a private facility.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback