Annex A: Methodology
- 1000 participants selected using random digit dialling; a similar number of participants to wave 1 (1000) and wave 2 (1004).
- Quotas were set based on gender, working status, age, Scottish parliamentary region and tenure and weighted to ensure the sample was representative of the Scottish population.
- The unweighted sample sizes for subgroups are shown in the table below.
- Telephone interview lasting 15 minutes.
- Topics included: wellbeing, work and finances, social contact and support and behaviours during the restrictions.
- Questions were all closed (see Annex B).
- 3 waves of interviews conducted April/May 2020, December 2020 and March 2021.
- We identified differences in experiences based on: gender, age, household composition, income and those with long-term health conditions.
Table 1: Unweighted base sizes for wave 3
|SIMD quintile 1||139|
|SIMD quintile 2||161|
|SIMD quintile 3||192|
|SIMD quintile 4||226|
|SIMD quintile 5||213|