4. Statistical breakdowns are presented in this report where sample sizes allow. These cover the main population subgroups that show variation in results.
8. The pre-pandemic figure for loneliness was taken from The Scottish Household Survey 2018.
9. Question was 'Which, if any, of the following things, are major worries for you at the moment?' Respondents could then select 'Friends/family becoming seriously ill with Covid'. As this question was directly related to Covid there was no pre-pandemic estimate for this measure.
10. Office for National Statistics – Annual personal well-being estimates. Questions were: 'Overall, how anxious did you feel yesterday?' and 'Overall, how happy did you feel yesterday?'
11. This group had been offered the vaccine which may have contributed to the decrease in anxiety.