Headteacher Recruitment Working Group: route to headship
This paper supports the Headteacher Recruitment Working Group's 'Report and next steps' publication.
1. Empowering teachers, parents and communities to achieve Excellence and Equity in Education - A Governance Review www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/09/1251/0
2. Scottish Government (2017) Education Governance: Next Steps - Empowering Our Teachers, Parents and Communities to Deliver Excellence and Equity for Our Children http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Education/thegovernancereview
3. Like many such accelerated schemes – this has been replaced by a suite of programmes designed to support the development of teachers on the leadership continuum.
4. The NHS Leadership Academy has a national academy and ten regional partners in England. NHS Scotland has a leadership programme 'Leading for the Future' for senior leaders but this is not an accelerated route.
5. Baby boomers: born between 1946-1963; Generation X born between 1963 and 1978; Generation Y 1978- onwards (the millennials)
Email: Shirley Anderson
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback