5. Our Priorities
As well as undertaking the day to day actions to look after and manage the national forests and land, we have established a set of priorities to help inform our work, ensure financial sustainability and deliver our Corporate Outcomes over the next three years. The following priorities have been mapped out under each of our Corporate Outcomes
Supporting a Sustainable Economy
- Increasing commercial opportunities for the long term benefit of the national forests and land.
Looking After Scotland’s national forests and land
- Tackling the Climate Emergency.
- Protecting our forests from new and existing threats.
- Responding to the Biodiversity Challenge
Scotland’s national forests and land for visitors and communities
- Adapting to changing visitor and tourism requirements.
- Increasing opportunities for communities to benefit from the national forests and land.
A Supportive, Safe and Inclusive Organisation
- Ensuring our workforce is equipped and supported.
- Continuously developing a workforce for now and for the future.
- Ensuring continuous learning, development and improvement in relation to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
A High Performing Organisation
- Developing and supporting our business systems and processes.
- Appraising and Investing in our infrastructure.
More information on each of the priorities is provided within the Corporate Outcomes section next in the document.