Project Support Unit for Non-Domestic Energy Efficiency: FOI release
- Energy and Climate Change Directorate
- Part of
- Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
You asked for details in respect of the Project Support Unit for Non-Domestic Energy Efficiency 2020-2024:
http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:547299-2019:TEXT:EN:HTML. These details were namely:
1) What are the contractual performance KPI's for this contract?
2) Suppliers who applied for inclusion on each framework/contract and were successful & not successful at the PQQ & ITT stages
3) Actual spend on this contract/framework (and any sub lots), from the start of the contract to the current date
4) Start date & duration of framework/contract?
5) Could you please provide a copy of the service/product specification given to all bidders for when this contract was last advertised?
6) Is there an extension clause in the framework(s)/contract(s) and, if so, the duration of the extension?
7) Has a decision been made yet on whether the framework(s)/contract(s) are being either extended or renewed?
8) Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for this contract?
I enclose a copy of most of the information you requested.
The answer to your questions have been included below:
1) See table below:
Definition of KPI
Call Offs (nr)
This KPI measure the number of Call Offs awarded from the NDEE PSU Framework in
Carbon Saved (tCO2e)
This KPI measures the total amount of Carbon saved across
all projects that have reached the end of the M&V period within the measurement period.
Capital Committed (£000s)
This KPI measures the total amount of capital committed upon signing of ENPC between Framework Public Body and NDEE
This KPI measures the succesful delivery of projects from PSU
Call Off to successful completion of the M&V stage.
This KPI measures the number of substantive complaints by
Public Bodies who have called off the framework
2) Two companies submitted tenders. The tenderers information was as follows:
St Vincent Plaza, 319 St Vincent Street,
Turner and Townsend Limited,
Turner and Townsend Limited were not successful at the ITT stage.
3) Through the PSU grant funding route i.e. where Scottish Government have directly paid Mott MacDonald for their services, the Scottish Government have paid £1.5M since March 2016. Through the framework, £50M has been committed to projects (at varying stages of Energy Performance Contract lifecycles).
4) Non-domestic energy efficiency over £1 million framework: 01 April to 31 March 2024 (including 1 year extension)
Non-domestic energy efficiency under £1 million framework: 01 October 2020 to 30 September 2023
Non-domestic energy efficiency PSU: 15th May 2020 to 14th May 2024 (including 1 year extension)
Information on contract length dates is publicly available online at:
- Non-domestic energy efficiency framework over £1m projects 2020-2024 - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Non Domestic Energy Efficiency (NDEE) - sub £1 million projects: guidance - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Non domestic energy efficiency project support unit: 2020 to 2024 - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
5) See attached Statement of Requirements (Attachment 1) that was issued to bidders when this contract was last advertised.
6) Yes, there are clauses to extend the frameworks and PSU. Please see example clause below for PSU:Section A, Para 4 of the framework states:
4.1. The period of this Framework Agreement is from and including 15 April 2020 (the “Commencement Date”) to and including 14 April 2023 unless it is terminated earlier or extended under Clause 4.2.
4.2. The Authority may, by giving notice to the Contractor, extend the period of the Framework Agreement to a date falling no later than four years from the Commencement Date. Subject to that constraint, the Authority may extend the period of the Framework Agreement on more than one occasion.
7) Decision has been taken to extend the Non-domestic energy efficiency framework for over £1m projects until April 2024, and the project support unit until May 2024. No formal decision has been made on extension of Non-domestic energy efficiency framework under £1m yet.
8) An exemption under section 38 (1)(a) of FOISA applies to some the information you have requested, namely point 8 as above. This exemption applies as we are unable to disclose personal information due to data protection regulations.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 21 page PDF
- File size
- 313.7 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback