Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 01 October 2020 to 30 September 2024
Category: utilities - National
National framework agreements for the provision of Non Domestic Energy Efficiency (NDEE) Sub £1 Million Projects for the Scottish public sector.
What is in scope
A non-domestic energy efficiency project retrofits public sector and third sector buildings with energy efficiency assets. These may include, but not limited to, prefabricated energy centres; combined heat and power units; energy efficient boilers; communal heating; voltage management units; controls outstations; luminaires, lighting controllers and other lighting assets
These projects save energy and maintenance costs; they are self-funding (i.e. the costs saved pay for the assets installed); they reduce carbon emissions and improve the environmental comfort of the buildings.
What is out of scope
Non Domestic Energy Efficiency above £1 Million Projects
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in Annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits of this contract are:
- Estimated savings of £0.5 million per annum based on an estimated annual spend of £5,000,000, seeking to achieve an average lifetime carbon reduction metric of < £400/LT.tCO2
- improved customer service
Sustainability benefits include:
- improve the environmental comfort of buildings
- increasing sustainable economic growth through promoting the transition to a low carbon economy
- support delivery of The Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009, (Section 63, Energy Performance of Non Domestic Buildings), Scotland’s Energy Strategy and the EES Programme by reducing CO2 output and make savings in carbon reduction commitments (CRC) for Authorities
Community and socio-economic benefits include:
All suppliers on the framework have committed to provide Community Benefits the level and type of which will be set dependent on the value of work each supplier has been awarded through the framework. Suppliers will be awarded points dependent on awarded project values and these points will be converted to delivered Community Benefits such as Modern Apprentices, work placements, community enhancements and education support initiatives.
• Ameresco Limited
• Everwarm Limited
• FES Support Services Limited
• Vital Energi Utilities Limited
• Veolia ES (UK) Limited
Framework documents, including all Framework Agreements can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
Buyers Guide below.
Buyers Guide - Non Domestic Energy Efficiency (NDEE): sub £1m V2.0
- File type
- 31 page PDF
- File size
- 717.9 kB
Senior Portfolio Specialist
Tel: 0141 242 0108
Mobile: 07465 699654
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback