11 Review and update plan
|Review and update plan: considerations and example outputs
Flood risk management planning follows a six-year cycle, with stages covering understanding flood risk, setting objectives and implementing actions to achieve objectives. SWMPs should be reviewed and updated with LFRMP and FRM Strategy timescales in mind.
When reviewing and updating an SWMP, the development process should be repeated and any required changes made, e.g. to update understanding of flood risk, objectives and actions.
Key drivers of a review may include:
- Updated flood hazard and risk information.
- The occurrence of a flood.
- FRM Strategy publications (containing updated SWMP areas and confirmed funding of actions).
- Outcome of investment decisions by partner agencies that deviate from the preferred plan.
- Monitoring of the implementation of actions, e.g. indicating where changes can be made to replicate success and / or improve outcomes where actions have not been successful.
- New development or other changes in the area that affect surface water flooding.
Gordon Robertson: Flooding_Mailbox@gov.scot
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback