Aims and key messages
- To increase public awareness and understanding for the message:
"During pregnancy: no alcohol - no risk".
- To reduce public confusion about drinking alcohol during pregnancy.
- To strengthen the prevention role of family and friends.
- FASD is preventable.
- If you want to be sure that your baby is protected from FASD, avoid alcohol for the duration of your pregnancy.
- There is no known safe amount or type of alcohol to drink while pregnant.
- Everyone has a role to play in supporting pregnant women to avoid alcohol.
Logic model - outcomes
- Improved life chances for all children.
- Zero alcohol consumption during pregnancy is the norm in Scotland.
- Public confusion reduced & role of family and friend support strengthened.
- Enthusiasm for and participation in International FASD Awareness Day.
- Raise the profile of FASD in Scotland and its contribution to the Early Years Collaborative aims, CAPSM, Scotland's Alcohol Framework, and the prioritisation of prevention in public services.
- Positive media coverage.
- Established networks for future support.
- Range of activities.
- Clear, simple and effective messages promoted at a population level.
Logic model - reach & activities
- Alcohol and Drug Partnerships partner organisations
- Maternity services
- Children and family services
- Fostering & adoption
- Parent support initiatives
- Healthcare workers
- General public
- Volunteer centres
- Early Years Collaborative
- Community Planning Partnerships
- Early Years Briefing developed for dissemination
- Press release
- E-mail banners
- Press & public awareness launch, key people for quotes/interviews
- Ideas for action flyer
- People and briefing for 'pregnant pause' activity
- Identify community assets & locations
- Staff & facilities for public engagement
- Display equipment: table & cover, display board, balloons & tie ribbons, staff
- Leaflets - Alcohol Focus Scotland Alcohol and Pregnancy, mocktails for mum, NOFAS web links
- Engagement competition - e.g. mocktails for mums
- Recording the events with camera or smart phone
- Survey monkey evaluation
Email: Gillian Heavie
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback