'Mocktail team challenge' for preventing FASD
1. Set the scene by presenting the 'market gap' and the rationale for why mums-to-be would be interested in your business idea.
2. Create your 'teams'.
3. Each team should have the following tasks:
- Research including market research - what is the problem and what does 'the market' think the solution could be?
- Product development - come up with a non-alcohol based cocktail that is healthy, delicious and affordable.
- Marketing - create a brand image, packaging, and define the market for the product.
4. Take the product concept and make it real.
5. Present your business case to a panel of judges.
6. Select winner - engage local businesses to adopt the 'recipe'.
7. Write a press release and invite local press to run with your article.
'Create your own mocktail' challenge
To make your own mocktail challenge, you will need a range of fresh fruits, fruit juices, soft drinks and syrups-and for the more adventurous, ice cream and a blender.
Invite attenders at your display stand to create their own novel alcohol-free cocktail by combining ingredients and blending together.
They can then name their mocktail.
Ask people to score the end result from 1-10 for taste and overall appeal - a simple scoring chart will allow you to compare and find a winner!
You can feature the winning entries in your press release.
Spread the word - alcohol and pregnancy don't mix
You can support FASD Awareness Day by adding to your e-mail signature with an appropriate message such as:
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder is 100% preventable. Spread the word - alcohol and pregnancy do not mix.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) is 100% preventable. By avoiding alcohol during pregnancy, you can protect your baby from FASD. For more information visit www.nofas-uk.org
Prevent Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
There is no known safe amount of alcohol to drink while pregnant. For more information visit www.nofas-uk.org
Email: Gillian Heavie
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback