Education maintenance allowances: 2016 to 2017
The Education Maintenance Allowances (EMA) programme aims to provide support for young people aged 16 to 19 from low income families to stay on in education.
This document is part of a collection
1. See methodology note – Age of recipients.
2. See methodology note – College student population.
3. See methodology note – Gender.
4. See methodology note – Recipients from Deprived Areas of Scotland
5. Note: returns from the Local Authorities of Shetland Islands and Orkney Islands include a small number of returns for students at colleges.
6. SIMD 2016 has been used for the 2016-17 academic year, this is in line with the approach taken by Scottish Governments Education Analytical Services Directorate for School data. The use of SIMD 2016 for 2016-17 differs to the approach taken when publishing University and College Statistics. University and College statistics will move on to SIMD 2016 for academic year 2017-18.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback