This page contains information on post-compulsory education in Scotland - including higher and further education and skills, student support and Education Maintenance Allowances.
Statistics on post-complusory education are available via:
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) - publishes statistics on university enrolments, retention and qualifiers
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC) - publishes statistics on further and higher education in Scottish universities and colleges and statistics relating to access and articulation.
- University and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) - publishes management information on applicants, offers and acceptances to universities.
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) - Higher Education Student Support in Scotland - publishes statistics on support for students undertaking higher education in Scotland.
- Skills Development Scotland - publishes statistics on apprenticeships, skills and young people in training.
- Student Loans Company (SLC) - Student Loans for Higher Education in Scotland - publish statistics on support for students undertaking higher education in UK as a whole, as well as Scotland level data.
- Office for Students - mainly publish statistics on higher education in England, but do published UK wide Student Satisfaction Survey results.
- Department for Education (DfE) - Education and training statistics for the United Kingdom - mainly publish statistics on further and higher education in England and Wales, but do published comparator data for LEO for Scotland
In 2019, we also ran the Employer Perspectives Survey. You can find out more via the EPS factsheet and the findings are available in the Research Report. Details of the methodology used are given in the Technical Report. A link to the Official Statistics publication is given in the 'Ad-hoc publications' section below.
In 2020/21 we are also running a Scottish Employer Skills Survey (ESS). You can find out more via the ESS factsheet.
Education maintenance allowances
This National Statistics release presents statistics on Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) recipients and payments made.
- Education maintenance allowances: 2017 to 2018
- Education maintenance allowances: 2016 to 2017
- Education Maintenance Allowances (EMA): 2015-2016
- Education Maintenance Allowances 2014-15
- Education Maintenance Allowances 2013-14
Longitudinal Education Outcomes
These Official Statistics releases present employment and earnings outcomes for graduates of higher education institutions, college leavers and Modern Apprentices.
- Graduate Outcomes (LEO) - subject by provider: 2018-2019 tables
- Graduate Outcomes (LEO) - subject by provider: 2017-2018 tables
- Longitudinal education outcomes (LEO) from Scottish colleges: 2016-2017
- Modern apprenticeships: earnings
- Longitudinal Educational Outcomes (LEO) from Univerisities: 2016/17: Scotland
- Graduate outcomes by university and subject (LEO data) 2015/16: Scotland
- Graduate outcomes by University and subject (LEO data): Scotland
Other statistics publications released by ALSA are listed below.
- Fair Access: Analysis of school leaver attainment by SIMD quintile
- Scottish Employer Perspectives Survey: 2019
0141 278 4426
Advanced Learning and Skills Analysis
Education Analytical Services
5 Atlantic Quay
We welcome any comments on both the format and content of the website, including any problems you may encounter.
You may also contact the Statistician Group Enquiries for general information.