- 29 Nov 2018
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 18 March 2019 – 10 February 2023
Category: ICT services and software - national
The new dynamic purchasing system (DPS) for the provision of digital technology services is now live.
The DPS will support and be an enabler for a number of digital initiatives, specifically "Scotland's Digital Strategy, 'Realising Scotland's full potential in a digital world" and provide access to a range of digital technology skills, including cyber expertise, as well as supporting the delivery of agile projects.
Suppliers wishing to participate should firstly register themselves on both Public Contracts Scotland and Public Contracts Scotland Tender systems.
Contracts are awarded via call-offs, issued by Scottish public sector organisations through the DPS, inviting suppliers to tender for in scope services.
What is in scope
The service will be split into three lots:
- lot 1 – digital technology projects
- lot 2 – digital technology resources
- lot 3 – cyber security services
What is out of scope
The following will not be covered:
- ICT products
- direct purchase of software
- maintenance of equipment
There are other frameworks that are more suitable for ICT products and networks, as well as temporary and interim staff recruitment services.
If you have any doubts of the correct framework to utilise please contact a member of the ICT Services and Software team. Details are below.
Who can use this
The service can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use DPS 2.0 to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Benefits of the service include:
- access to a wide range of digital technology suppliers
- easy access for suppliers, encouraging competition and SME participation
- suppliers can join the DPS at any time, provided they meet the selection criteria
- completely electronic process
- streamlined procurement
Guides for buyers and suppliers will be available in due course.
See our guide to dynamic purchasing systems.
- File type
- 14 page PDF
- 659.4 kB
- File type
- 13 page PDF
- 424.0 kB