The NDOG was funded and scheduled to meet four times across 2018/2019.
The main aims of the group are summarised below: -
Oversight and Governance -
- Undertake a high-level scoping exercise to ascertain the sticking points to implementation of the NDOG recommendations and develop an over-arching plan in response to this.
- Undertake bridge work between the end of phase I and commencement of phase II and make links across new and emerging structures.
Develop and deliver an Atlas of Variation -
- Collect information across lab disciplines to provide a way to identify and target unwarranted variation in test requesting.
Quality improvement -
- Identify and coordinate quality improvement champions at a local level who could support a series of tests of change to spread learning.
- Establish a mechanism for ongoing best practice sharing.
- Engage with clinical networks at a national, regional and local level around specific conditions to develop and implement requesting guidelines which could be referenced at a board level.
Service User engagement -
- Promote a cultural shift amongst referring clinicians and laboratories to ensure a closer working relationship with shared decision making on current and proposed changes to ensure best value.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback