Delivering Quality in Primary Care: National Actions
- Work with the independent contractors on proposals for ensuring that all the contracts are better able to support the delivery of quality care.
- Improve access for patients.
- Develop and implement the Scottish Patient Safety Programme in Primary Care.
- Ensure we have in place an up-to-date, agreed suite of care pathways.
- Develop, as part of the quality measurement framework, national quality indicators for the delivery of primary medical services Out of Hours.
- Continue to give priority to anticipatory care.
- Help the professions with their workforce planning.
- Take steps to ensure more effective partnership between the different primary care professionals.
- Continue to attach priority to, and implement cost-effective solutions to, improve communications within primary care and between primary and secondary care.
- Ensure primary care practitioners contribute to a clearer understanding between patients and practitioners on what it will mean to be a fully mutual NHS in the decade ahead.
- Ensure that NHS performance management and accountability structures reflect the central importance of Prima.
Email: Jessica McPherson
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback