Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phase 2: Scotland's route map - physical distancing update
Update on the approach to physical distancing in Scotland as we move through the COVID-19 crisis. It also confirms the indicative dates for the remainder of Phase 2.
This document is part of a collection
Update on and confirmation of changes for the remainder of Phase 2
Over the last week, the number of people in Scotland who could be infectious with Covid-19 has declined by almost 30%, and is now estimated at around 1,500. We continue to see a sustained decline in COVID-19 deaths. There has been a sustained decline in new cases since 23rd April and a sustained decline in new hospital and ICU admissions for confirmed cases.
In light of these data and the advice on physical distancing we can now confirm dates for the remainder of Phase 2:
- Travel distance limit relaxed – 3 July
- Self-catering accommodation and second homes (without shared facilities) permitted – 3 July
- Outdoor hospitality (subject to physical distancing rules and public health advice) – 6 July
In addition to this we are also introducing two new measures to come into effect on 3 July for children and young people that should allow significant improvements to their quality of life, particularly during the school holidays.
- For under 12s (0-11): The existing rules for contact with other households continue, but children under 12 are not required to maintain physical distancing with other children or adults outdoors. The number of overall household contacts in one day remains in line with existing guidance and adults will need to maintain physical distancing.
- For 12 and over (12-17): Older children and young people in this age group can continue to meet in groups outdoors as in existing rules (maximum of 3 households in the group, no more than 8 people in total). However, there is no limit to the number of these groups that the young person can meet in a day providing that each contact aligns with the guidance. We want these young people to be able to meet those of their choosing safely. They should continue to physically distance.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback