Coronavirus (COVID-19): Justice Analytical Services data report - August 2021
Monthly data report on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the justice system in Scotland, including information from Police Scotland, Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service, Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service, and Scottish Prison Service.
This document is part of a collection
Sources and further information
The information presented in this pack are compiled from a range of sources – including Official Statistics, management information published by partner bodies, and more recent analysis of administrative data. These are combined to provide users with a summary of the latest impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Scotland.
It should be noted that where information has come from non-Official Statistics sources, it will be provisional in nature and may be subject to future revision. It's inclusion at this stage is to provide users with more timely and detailed information on how the pandemic has affected different parts of Scotland's Justice system. As such this should be seen as providing a broadly indicative summary – rather than a precise measure of activity.
In due course and as standard practice, many of these measures will be reflected in the associated annual Official Statistics. Links to these related products are provided below, along with management information published by partner organisations.
- Monthly Recorded Crime in Scotland Bulletin. This contains Official Statistics on crimes and offences recorded by the police in Scotland.
- Domestic Abuse Statistics: 2019-20 Official statistics on domestic abuse in Scotland.
- Quartery Police Scotland Management Information reports. These contain the number of domestic abuse incidents recorded by the police in Scotland and the proportion of these incidents that resulted in the recording of a crime or offence.
- Police Scotland Enforcement and Response Data. Includes data on enforcement activity and demands on policing. As this is drawn from management information it is subject to change.
Courts and prisons data:
- Annual Civil Justice Statistics Bulletin.This contains Official Statistics on civil justice and court reform as recorded by the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS).
- Scottish Prison Population Statistics, 2019-20. Experimental statistics on Scottish prison populations, exploring population levels and composition and change over time.
- SCTS Official Statistics. Includes quarterly data on fines, financial penalty collection rates, and criminal court activity in Scotland.
Correspondence and enquiries
For enquiries about this publication please contact:
Justice Analytical Services,
If you would like to be consulted about statistical collections or receive notification of publications, please register your interest at https://www.gov.scot/publications/scotstat-register-guidance/
Details of forthcoming publications can be found at www.gov.scot/statistics
You may use or re-use this information (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence. See: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback