- 24 Jun 2020
1. This Construction Policy Note (CPN) advises that guidance in CPN 2/2020 remains applicable after 30 June and will expire after 30 September unless circumstances at that time require otherwise.
2. An electronic signature may be used in place of a “wet” signature for signing trust documents in project bank accounts (PBAs) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Timing and coverage
3. This note is intended for all those contracting authority staff involved in the planning and delivery of public works projects. It is applicable guidance under the Scottish Public Finance Manual (SPFM). This CPN is part of a suite of procurement guidance related to COVID-19, which includes the following:
4. On 14 April 2020 CPN 2/2020 set out processes and standards for expediting logistics necessary to execute a trust deed in good time to open a PBA; and to add subcontractors to new PBAs and to those already open.
5. The route map through and out of the COVID-19 crisis issued on 21 May, to which the six phase restart model developed by Construction Scotland on behalf of the industry was aligned. Phase two (soft re-start) commenced from 11 June. In order to expedite PBA practice during initial this initial period of re-mobilisation, CPN 2 will remain applicable guidance until 30 September, after which it will expire unless circumstances at that time require otherwise.
6. Please bring this CPN to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement of relevant construction projects.