2. Vision, Mission, Values and Focus
A fair and sustainable Scottish economy in which every consumer participates to their benefit, confident that their needs and aspirations will be fulfilled.
As the independent and expert voice of the consumer, Consumer Scotland will work with business, the public sector and consumer champions in our official role to put consumer rights and interests at the heart of markets, services and policy.
- We are fair and transparent
- We are independent and collaborative
- We are evidence-driven
- We promote the interests of current and future consumers, amplifying their voice to bring change
- We identify and understand consumer vulnerabilities, using that insight to drive positive outcomes
- We put consumers at the heart of a Just Transition to Net Zero, enabling them to participate
- We promote good business practice and drive dialogue and collaboration with other UK and international consumer organisations both public and private
- We challenge business practice that could lead to consumer detriment, focusing on areas where we can have the biggest impact for consumers and business in Scotland
- We ensure the Consumer Duty is observed in the public sector in Scotland, holding it to account
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback