3 Breakdown of Respondents
The 2019 questions asking for information about respondents were repeated in this survey. Key findings are shown in table 1.
Breakdown of Respondents
Number of Responses: 187 (compared with 295 in 2019 survey)
- 77% of respondents worked for the NHS in secondary or tertiary care.
- The remainder worked for a Health and Social Care Partnership, a Third Sector organisation, a Local Authority or for the NHS in primary care.
Place of Work:
- 66% of respondents worked in Acute Care (this includes NHS secondary and tertiary care).
- The remainder worked in Community Care, Third Sector organisations and Local Authority settings.
Job Title / Role:
- 71% of respondents were Allied Health Professionals (AHPs), Physicians (Tertiary or Secondary Care) or Nurses.
- Most of the remainder were Macmillan / Improving the Cancer Journey (ICJ) staff; in Psychological Support roles; Executive Leads / Service Managers; Physicians (Primary Care) or Exercise Specialists.
Health Board location:
- Responses were received from 13 of the 14 territorial NHS Health Boards.
- Four Boards accounted for 65% of responses: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Grampian, Lothian, and Highland.
Cancer Network: Responses broke down as follows:
- West of Scotland Cancer Network (WoSCAN) – 43% of responses.
- North Cancer Alliance (NCA) – 32%.
- South East Scotland Cancer Network (SCAN) – 25%.
See Appendix A: Breakdown of Respondents for more details.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback