Business Ventilation Fund: evaluation
Assesses the outputs and indicative outcomes of the Business Ventilation Fund with the aim of improving ventilation in business premises and reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
1. Applications with a status of 'closed' did not provide additional evidence to progress their application before the fund closed on 31 March 2022.
2. For further details of business eligibility see the Business Ventilation Fund eligibility guidance.
3. Applicants provided an email address as part of their application, which allowed for communication directly to all businesses who engaged with the fund.
4. These response rates are approximate as the survey responses are at the business level whereas the management information data is at the premise level and some businesses may have applied and received awards for multiple premises.
5. Applications with a status of 'closed' did not provide additional evidence to progress their application before the fund closed on 31 March 2022.
6. The percentages here do not sum to 100 as it was not possible to categorise all respondents into high/medium/low risk sectors. 67 respondents stated that their sector was 'other; it has not been possible to classify these 67 into the risk categories however they are included in the total number of applications/awards/amount paid and in the denominator used for these calculations.
7. A further 3% did not answer, 3% stated would rather not say and 2% did not know.
8. A further 7% stated they would rather not say and 1% did not know. It is not possible to provide a breakdown of the 1% who stated 'other-please state' as this comprised only 1 respondent.
9. Businesses could purchase more than one ventilation item for each premise, so the number of items awarded is higher than the total number of awards.
9. The total number of businesses surveyed was 172 however 8 failed to answer this question.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback