Section Four: Planning Deliverable
The deliverable is an ELC expansion plan. The planning process is iterative and initial plans may be subject to change as further information emerges. The initial plan will be approved locally and is to be submitted to Scottish Government ELC Expansion Programme no later than 29 September 2017. The impact of local committee cycles may mean that the plan is submitted in draft subject to local approval.
The plan will:
- Be created, owned and implemented by the local authority;
- Be locally approved according to the governance arrangements appropriate to each individual authority;
- Become a working document which will evolve over time (following the initial planning period);
- Balance the local ELC context around supply and demand with delivery of Ministers' Blueprint; and
- Include an implementation plan and take account of the approach proposed in this planning guidance.
Email: Alison Cumming