Appendix 3: List of suggestions on which services should promote awareness of the Funeral Payment
Services which should promote awareness of the Funeral Payment to ensure that claimants know about it at the relevant time?
Suggestions supported by a large number of respondents :
- funeral directors / homes; and
Suggestions supported by many respondents :
- NHS / health professionals;
- local authority;
- Scottish Government / DWP / Scottish social security agency; and
- advice services / third sector / community groups.
Suggestions supported by some respondents :
- hospital / health centre;
- social care / social work services;
- hospice / palliative care services; and
- bereavement support services.
Suggestions supported by a few respondents:
- faith groups;
- housing association / social landlord;
- Tell us Once;
- credit union;
- job centres;
- carer's services;
- older people's services;
- life insurance provider / funeral planning firm;
- emergency services;
- education services;
- employers' HR departments;
- newspapers; and
- post office.
Email: Trish Brady-Campbell