International offices: Ottawa
The Scottish Government office in Ottawa opened in October 2018 and is located in the British High Commission.
Our office in Canada works to:
- protect and enhance Scotland’s interests and strengthen Scottish/Canadian intergovernmental relations, by identifying and influencing issues of mutual interest for bilateral cooperation
- share information with Canadian partners around areas of excellence where Scotland has developed significant policies e.g. the Arctic Framework, climate change and social enterprise
- support in-country and Scottish-based partners (including Scottish Development International, VisitScotland, Scottish Higher Education institutions, Creative Scotland, British Council and others) to find opportunities to promote Scotland’s cultural, education, tourism, trade and investment offers
- facilitate innovation and research collaboration through our partners
- engage, inform and develop networks with Scottish diaspora across Canada
We continue to support bilateral collaboration to deliver collective goals and economic benefit for Scotland, through the promotion of modern-day Scotland and emphasis on our global leadership role.
Find out more about the Scotland is Now campaign that we use to support our efforts in delivering this work.
Head of Ottawa office: Catriona Little
Telephone (Reception): +1 613 237 1530
Scottish Government Ottawa Office
British High Commission
80 Elgin St
ON K1P 5K7