UNCRC Implementation: Guidance Reference Group
The purpose of this working group is to assist the Scottish Government in developing guidance for public authorities and those undertaking functions of a public nature to implement the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
The group will not be a substitute for full consultation in line with the provisions of the Bill but is intended to ensure that guidance is developed from the outset with the needs of public authorities and rights holders at the centre.
It is intended to be a group that can be flexible and can provide more immediate feedback than is possible only though formal consultation procedures.
- Deborah Davidson, ADES
- Jill Laspa, COSLA
- Julie Williams/Joanne Glennie/Nancy Fancott, CCPS (Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland)
- Darren Little, Dumfries and Galloway Council (Children’s Services Planning Strategic Lead)
- Morag Driscoll, Law Society of Scotland
- Dr Debby Wason, Public Health Scotland
- Colin Convery, Police Scotland
- Suzanne Brown, SCRON
- Kavita Chetty, Scottish Human Rights Commission
- Kenny Meechan, Glasgow City Council / SOLAR
- Nicola Hogg/Alistair Stobie/Sarah Rodger, SOLAR
- Alison Sutherland, Social Work Scotland
- Juliet Harris/Maria Doyle, Together
- Lucinda Rivers/Dragan Nastic, Unicef