Race Equality Action Plan: programme board
Role of the group
Specifically, the Programme Board is responsible for:
providing senior level commitment and support for the delivery of the actions arising from the plan
providing strategic direction and organisational context for embedding race equality in Scottish Government policies and practices
appointing Senior Responsible Officers (SRO) for the REAP operational Delivery Group to act as the lead policy official
sharing learning and best practice to ensure activities focus on securing real impact
agreeing priorities and participating in high level assessments of shared outcomes and risk
Frequency of meetings
The Board will meet on a quarterly basis for at least the length of the REAP.
Progress so far
The first meeting of the Board took place in August 2018, and the second meeting in October 2018.
A report on the progress of actions to date will be published after the REAP Conference being held in December 2018.
- Paul Johnston, Director-General Education, Communities and Justice (Chair)
- Dominic Munro, Director for Fair Work, Employability and Skills
- Sean Neill, Deputy Director, Health Workforce
- Lesley Fraser, Director for Housing and Social Justice
- Fiona Robertson, Director of Learning
- Stephen Gallagher, Director for Local Government and Communities
- Nicola Richards, Director, People Directorate
- Gillian Russell, Director for Safer Communities
- Joanne Streeter, Head of Diversity and Inclusion
- Joe Griffin, Director for Early Learning and Childcare (representing the SG Race Equality Network)
- Gavin Henderson, Deputy Director Civil Law and Legal System Division
- Kaliani Lyle, Independent Race Equality Adviser (REAP 2017-2021)
External experts may be invited to attend specific meetings to provide detailed insight into their specialist areas.
Secretariat is provided by the Equality Unit.