The Police Negotiating Board negotiates the terms and conditions for police officers in Scotland.
We reach agreements, which we recommend to Scottish Ministers to become part of police regulations and determinations.
We are responsible for negotiating:
- police officers’ hours of duty, leave, pay, allowances and pensions
- the issue, use and return of police clothing and equipment
We negotiate with two groups, which are referred to as ‘sides’:
- the ‘official side’, which includes representatives of the Scottish Police Authority, Police Scotland and Scottish Ministers
- the ‘staff side’, which has representatives of the police staff associations and Scottish Police Federation
Read a guide to the Police Negotiating Board for more information about what we do.
Our chair is Ian McKay.
You can view PNB content prior to 2018 in our archive.
Police Negotiating Board circulars 2021
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-01 - non-consolidated payment
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-02 - pay agreement
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-03 - federated ranks pay
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-04 - superintendents and chief superintendents pay
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-05 - senior officers pay
- Police Negotiating Board circular - 2021-06 - other allowances
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback