National Suicide Prevention Leadership Group
Role of the group
National Suicide Prevention Leadership Group (NSPLG) has been established to help drive implementation of the Scottish Government’s Suicide Prevention Action Plan (2018), which sets out a target to further reduce the rate of suicide by 20% by 2022 (from a 2017 baseline).
See the Group's full remit and terms of reference.
NSPLG meets every month. Minutes of meetings are at the bottom of this page in the Documents section.
- Rose Fitzpatrick CBE, QPM (Chair)
- James Jopling, Executive Director for Scotland, Samaritans
- Toni Giugliano, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Mental Health Foundation
- Nigel Henderson, Chief Executive, Penumbra
- Billy Watson, Chief Executive, SAMH
- George Dodds, Director of Health Equity and Director of Health and Work, NHS Health Scotland
- Dr Michael Smith, Lead Associate Medical Director, NHS Greater Glasgow Clyde CE and IJB rep
- Jane O’Donnell, Head of Service Policy, COSLA
- Angela Scott, Chief Executive, Aberdeen City Council
- Ruth Moss, Lived Experience, nominated via the Alliance
- Lara McDonald, Young Person Representative, nominated via Young Scot
- Dr David Hall, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr John Mitchell, Principal Medical Officer Psychiatry, Scottish Government
- Nicky Reid, SPFL Trust
- Chief Superintendent John McKenzie, Police Scotland
- Dr Amy Knighton, Royal College of GPs
- Professor Steve Platt, Co-Chair of the Academic Advisory Group
- Professor Rory O’Connor, Co-Chair of the Academic Advisory Group