GP Dispensing Group
Role of the group
This group considers the implications of the implementation of phase one of the 2018 General Medical Services (GMS) contract on dispensing GP practices, including the role of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
In particular it considers the implementation of pharmacotherapy services in dispensing practices.
It assists in identifying opportunities to develop and support dispensing practices in the future to continue to provide a high quality, safe and sustainable service.
The group meets on a three-monthly basis in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Minutes of the meetings are in the Documents section at the bottom of this page.
Useful external resources for dispensing practices
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) care bundle by Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Fiona Duff, Senior Adviser, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Andy Vickerstaff, NHS Highlands
- Dr Kirsty Robinson, SGPC
- Dr Iain Kennedy, SGPC
- David Prince, SGPC
- Dr Andrew Buist, Chair SGPC
- Dr Hal Maxwell, Dispensing Doctors Association
- Ross Grant, Scottish Government
- Fiona Howe, Scottish Government
- Lesley MacFarlane, Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Maureen Firth, NHS Orkney
- Findlay Hickey, NHS Highland
- Dr Jurgen Tittmar, RGPAS Representative, Argyll and Bute
- Dr Kirsty Brightwell, NHS Western Isles
- Clare Morrison, NHS Highland
- Chris Nicolson, Director of Pharmacy, NHS Orkney & NHS Shetlands
- Jill Gillies, Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Alison Strath, Principal Pharmaceutical Officer, Scottish Government