Young Person's Guarantee - key activities
£60m funding to provide 18,000 valuable opportunities for young people between November 2020 to March 2021, including:
- 11,000 opportunities through local partnerships
- 1,400 new apprentice pathways
- 5,000 additional places in college
Support for 1,300 16 and 17 year olds from Inspiring Scotland, the Princes Trust, Barnardo's, and Action for Children Consortium.
As of the end of June 2021 there are 88 employers formally signed up, offering 2629 opportunities.
There were 18,655 new Modern Apprenticeship starts in 2020/21.
3 employers are providing industry leadership:
- Sandy Begbie (chair of the Implementation Group)
- Melanie Hill (chair of Employer Advisory Group)
- Graeme McEwan (chair of Communications and Marketing Advisory Group)
Web portal and branding launched.
Employer Recruitment Incentive Framework published.
Young Scot Leadership Panel established with 21 young people
16 employers are representing their sectors on the Employer Advisory Group.
Equality Action Plan and Children's Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment published.
£70m committed for 2021/22 to provide more opportunities for young people.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback