Tied pubs - Scottish Pubs Code - part 1: consultation
The Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021 provides for the introduction of a Scottish Pubs Code. This consultation paper seeks views on the Market Rent Only lease and guest beer agreement provisions in the Code.
1. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021:
2. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021 (section 3)
3. The Pubs Code etc. Regulations 2016
4. UK Government Statutory Review of the Pubs Code and the Pubs Code Adjudicator: 2016-2019
5. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021 (section 20 (2)): https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2021/17/section/20/enacted
6. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021 (Schedule 1, paragraph 5(1)(c))
7. RICS qualifications:
8. UK Government, Excise Notice 226: Beer Duty https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/excise-notice-226-beer-duty/excise-notice-226-beer-duty--2 (section 8)
9. Strategic Environmental Assessment guidance: https://www.gov.scot/policies/environmental-assessment/strategic-environmental-assessment-sea/
10. Child Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment guidance: https://www.gov.scot/collections/childrens-rights-and-wellbeing-impact-assessments-guidance/#listofcrwias
(11) 2021 asp 17.
(12) 1979 c.4.
(13) 2006 c.46.
(14) 2005 asp 16.
(15) 2000 c.7.
(16) See section 26 of the Interpretation and Legislative Reform (Scotland) Act 2010 (2010 asp 10) for assumptions about the date of receipt of documents served as required in legislation.
(17) Commonly referred to as the RICS, a UK-based professional body for surveyors founded on 15 June 1868 and incorporated by Royal Charter on 26 August 1881.
(18) See section 26 of the Interpretation and Legislative Reform (Scotland) Act 2010 (2010 asp 10) for assumptions about the date of receipt of documents served as required in legislation.
19. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Bill Policy Memorandum – page 7 https://www.parliament.scot/-/media/files/legislation/bills/current-bills/tied-pubs-scotland-bill/introduced/policy-memorandum-tied-pubs-scotland-bill.pdf Admiral Taverns have since acquired Hawthorn.
20. House of Commons Library Briefing Paper, Pub Statistics https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8591/CBP-8591.pdf
21. Scottish Government, Tied pubs: consultation on a Scottish Pubs Code - workshops with tenants: https://www.gov.scot/publications/tied-pubs-consultation-scottish-pubs-code-workshops-tenants/
22. London Economics, Modelling the impact of proposed policies on pubs and the pub sector https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265460/Tied_Pubs_Final_Report.pdf
23. Scottish Beer and Pubs Association submission to the Economy Energy and Fair Work Committee https://archive2021.parliament.scot/S5_EconomyJobsFairWork/Inquiries/EEFW-S5-20-TP-28-Scottish_Beer_Pub_Assoc.pdf page 4
24. CAMRA submission to the Economy Energy and Fair Work Committee https://archive2021.parliament.scot/S5_EconomyJobsFairWork/Inquiries/EEFW-S5-20-TP-22-CAMRA.pdf page 1
25. Scottish Government, Research on the pub sector in Scotland phase 1: scoping study https://www.gov.scot/publications/research-pub-sector-scotland-phase-1-scoping-study/pages/5/
26. Scottish Government, Research on the pub sector in Scotland phase 1: scoping study https://www.gov.scot/publications/research-pub-sector-scotland-phase-1-scoping-study/pages/6/
27. House of Commons Library, Debate Pack, The Pubs Code and the Adjudicator https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CDP-2017-0027/CDP-2017-0027.pdf
28. Pubs Code Adjudicator The Pubs Code Adjudicator Annual Report and Accounts 01 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/959791/PCA-Annual_Report_2019-20_WEB.pdf (page 6)
29. House of Commons Library Briefing Paper, Pub Statistics https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8591/CBP-8591.pdf
30. Scottish Government, Research on the pub sector in Scotland phase 1: scoping study https://www.gov.scot/publications/research-pub-sector-scotland-phase-1-scoping-study/pages/5/
31. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Bill, Policy Memorandum: https://www.parliament.scot/-/media/files/legislation/bills/current-bills/tied-pubs-scotland-bill/introduced/policy-memorandum-tied-pubs-scotland-bill.pdf (page 30)
See comments from Jamie Delap Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee, Official Report, 18 August 2020, https://archive2021.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/report.aspx?r=12755
32. Scottish Government, Research on the pub sector in Scotland phase 1: scoping study https://www.gov.scot/publications/research-pub-sector-scotland-phase-1-scoping-study/pages/5/
33. Tied Pubs (Scotland) Act 2021 (section 20 (2)): https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2021/17/section/20/enacted
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback