From 1st July 2016, state aid regulations require that the details of all individual awards of support with a value of €500,000 (Industrial Sector) or €60,000 (Agricultural Sector) must be reported to the Scottish Government. We then provide this data to the European Commission (EC) using its online reporting system. The EC subsequently publish this information on a publicly available database.
The Scottish Government State Aid Team co-ordinate the process for Scottish Public Bodies. To ensure the European Commission deadlines are met, scheme administrators should complete the attached Transparency reporting form (from the top-right corner of the page) and forward details by e-mail to the transparency inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) within one month of the date of granting.
How to complete the form
1. Scheme reference number - this will be in the form “SA.12345”
2. Date of granting of aid – date of offer of grant
3. The beneficiary identifier - receiving support. Can be located using any of the following:
- Other registration number systems (academic registry etc)
- Charity Registration Number
- Company Registration Number
- EU VAT Number
4. The beneficiary type / size of the organisation – i.e. small, medium or large.
5. The region in which the beneficiary is located (NUTS 2 level) - Full list of NUTS 2 regions
6. Sector of activity at NACE group level (the beneficiary’s NACE code) – NACE codes are for the statistical classification of economic activities in the European community - Full list of NACE codes
7. Aid element / amount of aid (in pounds sterling) - calculate the Euro (€) value of any aid given in pounds sterling (£) on the European Commission currency converter
8. To get the correct conversion rate, make sure you enter the date of award into the calculator
9. Aid instrument / Type of aid – this might be a:
- Grant or interest rate subsidy
- Repayable advances or reimbursable grant
- Tax advantage or exemption
- Risk finance
10. Aid objective – Provide the number of the main Block Exemption Article in the scheme used to provide cover for the grant.
11. Granting authority
12. For schemes under Articles 16 (Regional Urban Development Aid) and Article 21 (Risk Finance Aid), name of the entrusted entity, and the names of the selected financial intermediaries